UNDER AGE PLAYER APPLICATION
As a parent of an underage player (younger than the division age they are wanting to participate in), I understand that by submitting this application we have agreed to the policies and procedures as established by Lethbridge Minor Hockey Association Board of Directors. If LMHA determines that my child must remain in the same division for more than one season I will comply with that decision.
The objective is to develop players within their specific age group, and not to displace the players from their age Division by facilitating the movement of underage players.
All underage players will only be considered as an exception.
- Underage players will only be considered if they are one year younger than the age Division they are applying to participate in;
- A formal application must be submitted (Under Age Player Application) prior to the Evaluation Camp beginning.
- Along with the Under Age Player Application, the Player must submit a letter outlining the rationale for being considered as an Underage Player;
- No underage players will be granted a second try-out;
- An underage player approved for participation in the Evaluation Camp, must evaluate in the top third of skaters by position; i.e. The player must evaluate as a top three forward, top two defenseman, or the top goaltender, to make the Division / Team in question.
- The underage playerâ€™s participation with the higher level Division / Team must be determined within the first seven days of the Evaluation Camp, through a minimum of two ice times.
In the event the child does participate in a division higher than they should by age, no special consideration will be given the child because of their age.
The child must participate in the normal activities of the team without disruption. If the child does become a disruption they will be removed from the team.
Any underage approval is valid for only one (1) year. Applying 2 years in a row will not be approved without exceptional circumstances
At the time of registration you must register your child in the age appropriate division as is available to you with online registration.